This short woodland walk leads up the glen to a spectacular waterfall. From here retrace your steps back to the car park.
Distance 0.3 (One Way) miles
OS Map Sheet 12
Terrain Gravel paths steep in places
Nearest Town Drumquin
Route Shape Linear
Grid Reference H27700 74200
Route Type Riverside, Woodland
From the car park follow the fenced path to the waterfall along the glen. There is an option to take in a walk on the high side overlooking the waterfall. There are some steep steps along this section of the walk. From the waterfall return to the car park along the same path.
Waterfall and variety of wetland vegetation
The walk is well signed with brown road signs from the Omagh to Castlederg Rd.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Parking and picnic tables
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6 degrees
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.