Roe Valley Country Park
Roe Valley Country Park offers a variety of routes along the riverside and through woodland. Combining legend with industrial and natural heritage the park has great appeal.
Distance 7.2 miles
OS Map Sheet 7
Terrain Woodland paths
Nearest Town Limavady
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference C678203
Route Type Riverside, Woodland
A variety of paths exist throughout this linear park which runs for approx. 3.5 miles either side of the River Roe. See park leaflet and on site interpretation.
There is also a Sensory Trail particularly designed for the visually impaired.
Industrial heritage and O’Cahan’s Rock
Park runs parallel to Ballyquin Rd (B68) and Drumrane Rd (B192). Signed from both roads.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs must be kept under close control
Toilets and picnic sites at Dogleap Countryside Centre. There are also tea rooms now open all year round (except for Christmas Day). The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café – (limited opening hours during winter months) – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Visitors Centre – Disabled toilets – Disabled parking – Wheelchair available – Mobility vehicle available – Hearing loop system – Lighting (entire route)
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6° or have a cross slope of greater than 6°.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.