Enjoy a stroll through the Plantin Park hidden away in the middle of Draperstown.
Distance 0.6 miles
OS Map 13
Terrain Tarmac paths, steep in places
Nearest Town Draperstown
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H782 946
Route Type Parkland & Grassland, Riverside
The walk is on surfaced pathways over footbridges and along a small tributary of the Moyola River. The trail can be accessed from the Derrynoid Road entrance or via Moykeeran Housing Estate on the Tobermore Road. Following a circular route the trail leads uphill to a view point with lovely views northwest towards Mullaghmore and Moydamlaght forest.
For such a small area there is a good mix of habitat that attracts birdlife, insects and wildlife including bats, grey squirrel and fox.
Draperstown village, stream
Take the Derrynoyd Road from the village of Draperstown, the entrance to the park is on the right hand side immediately after taking the Derrynoyd Road.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs to be kept under control
Children’s play park, seating, picnic area and a small playing field.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.