One of five walks through the bogland of the Peatlands Park.
Distance 5.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Tarmac road, woodchip paths
Nearest Town Loughgall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H89758 60347
Route Type Lakeland, Parkland & Grassland
Follow the path sign marked with red arrows. There are another four walks of varying lengths.
This walk is also suitable for people with limited mobility – please link to Disabled Ramblers NI – Peatlands Park.
Peatland, open lake and apple blossom when in season
Take turn-off for Junction 13 on the M1 and follow the sign for Peatlands Park.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs are allowed. Dogs should be under control. Please clean up after your dog.
Reception area, free car park, toilets, Education Centre and railway
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Disabled toilets
– Disabled parking
– Mobility vehicle available
– Hearing loop system
– Visitors Centre
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.