Peatlands Bog Walk
This bogland walk also takes in hazelwood glades and grassland.
Distance 2.5 miles
OS Map 19
Terrain Tarmac road and woodchip paths
Nearest Town Loughgall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H89758 60347
Route Type Lakeland, Parkland & Grassland
For the 2.5 mile route, follow the path sign marked with purple arrows. There are another four walks within the park, sign marked with different coloured arrows and of various lengths.
This walk is also suitable for people with limited mobility, please see link to Disabled Ramblers NI.
Peatland landscape, open lake apple blossom in season
Take turn-off for Junction 13 on the M1 and follow the sign for Peatlands Park
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs must be kept under control at all times. Please clean up after your dog.
Reception area, free car park, toilets, Education Centre and railway
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Disabled toilets
– Disabled parking
– Mobility vehicle available
– Hearing loop system
– Visitors Centre
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.