This walk explores the tranquil picturesque surroundings of Lurgan Park.
Distance 2 miles
OS Map Sheet 20
Terrain Tarmac and gravel paths
Nearest Town Lurgan
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J08768 58740
Route Type Forest, Lakeland, Parkland & Grassland
As this is a circular route the walk can be started at any entrance point to Lurgan Park. Follow the path in a circular motion around Lurgan Park lake. At the Golf Club you will exit the park but continue to walk along the lake edge until you reach Brownlow House at which point you will re-enter the park.
Brownlow House, Colebrookdale Fountain
You can start this walk at any entrance point to Lurgan Park.
Lurgan Park is within walking distance from town centre car parks, bus stops and train station.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed, dog owners should act responsibly
Public toilets within park, disabled toilet requires radar key, play park
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets(radar key required)
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6 degrees or have a cross slope of greater than 6 degrees.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.