Loughgall Country Park – Orchard Walk
A 2 mile fairly flat (with the exception of one steep hill) walk on tarmac paths in the natural surroundings of Loughgall Country Park – a magnificent 188 hectare estate of open farmland, orchards and 37 acre ‘Lough’.
The walk is part of Highway to Health walking routes – a series of waymarked walking routes throughout Northern Ireland. There is no charge for the walk, however there is a £2.20 fee for car parking or a yearly car park ticket can be bought for £11.30.
Distance 2 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Fairly flat tarmac road
Nearest Town Loughgall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H90836 51921
Route Type Parkland & Grassland
To complete this walk follow the blue waymarkers around the park.
From the carpark follow the tarmac pathway, keep to the left of the two Y junctions and continue through the pedestrian entrance at the metal gate before proceeding 20 metres to the T junction where it meets a tarmac roadway. Turn left here and continue straight ahead at the crossroads following the blue walk way markers. Keep to the left along the tarred road avoiding the first right to the manor house. Continue straight ahead for 50 metres and avoid the two left turns before proceeding down the hill keeping left at the Y junction. Keep to the road until you come to a junction at the bottom of a hill (there will be woodland on your left and an open field with large trees on your right). Follow the path to the right for approximately 100 metres keeping left at the Y junctions (there will be an orchard on your right) before continuing 50 metres to the T junction. Turn right and proceed 100 metres past the boat slipway on the right keeping to the tarmac path before taking a left to return to the car park.
Apple blossom in the spring, the Hermitage
Loughgall Country Park is located on the B77 Armagh to Portadown Rd. All walks start from the main car park.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times in the Country Park.
Reception area, car park, toilets, changing rooms, showers, trim trail, junior adventure trail, golf course, coarse fishing lake
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible) – Mon-Fri 9am-10pm, Sat 7am-10pm, Sun 7.30am-10pm
– Shop (wheelchair accessible)
– Disabled toilets
– Disabled parking
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6 degrees or have a cross slope of greater than 6 degrees.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.