Gortin Forest Nature Trail
This educational trail provides interest for the whole family by taking in a range and variety of habitats. Information points along the way give a broad insight into the nature of Gortin Glen and the surrounding countryside.
Distance 1.25 miles
OS Map Sheet 13
Terrain Forest tracks
Nearest Town Omagh / Gortin
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H48621 82009
Route Type Forest, Hill
This walk is sign posted from the car park.
These walks are situated in a working forest environment and may be subject to diversion and closure from time to time.
Up to date information is available on the Forest Service website.
See the range and variety of the flora and fauna
Drive to Gortin Forest Park, which is located on the Gortin Road approx 6 miles north of Omagh.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs on lead permitted
Parking, picnic tables and toilets. There is a charge to enter the Forest Park.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6 degrees
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.