Glenariff Nature Reserve Waterfalls Walk
From Glenariff Forest Park follow the way marked trail (Waterfall Walk) down the steps, along the boardwalks through Glenariff Nature Reserve. Walk through the river gorge and past spectacular waterfalls.
Damp conditions ideal for ferns, mosses and liverworts with several rare species present.
Distance 1.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 9
Terrain Boardwalk paths and steps, steep
Nearest Town Glenariff
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference D21080 20260
Route Type Forest, Riverside
From the car park follow the Waterfall Walk waymarkers (Red Arrows) around the walk. Very steep descent down path and steps to the bottom of gorge passing some spectacular waterfalls within the Nature Reserve. Follow the boardwalk to the Manor Lodge and then return to the car park up a steep forestry track.
These walks are situated in a working forest environment and may be subject to diversion and closure from time to time.
Up to date information is available on the Forest Service NI website – www.forestserviceni.gov.uk
Waterfalls in gorge. Rare ferns, moss & liverworts
Take the A43 Ballymena to Waterfoot road to Glenariff Forest Park.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Shop and seasonal restaurant and public toilets at Forest Park carpark. There is a fee for the carpark. Manor Lodge restaurant is located half way around the walk.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Shop (wheelchair accessible)
– Visitors Centre
– Disabled toilets
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.