Glenariff Forest Park, Viewpoint Trail
A short circular walk through woodland and stunning gardens offering spectacular views.
Distance 0.6 miles
OS Map Sheet 9
Terrain Forest paths, steep in places
Nearest Town Cushendall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference D21080 20260
Route Type Woodland
The route is clearly signposted, in a clockwise fashion.
This trail starts as a tarmac path leaving the car park through mature stand of larch trees to a view point on the edge of the Glen. From here you can enjoy views of the ‘U’ shaped glacially formed glen in front and below you, the vista includes views down to the coast and across the sea you can see the Mull of Kintyre.
The path then goes past the cafe and takes a route through mature woodland and ornamental gardens before returning you back to the cafe and car park.
These walks are situated in a working forest environment and may be subject to diversion and closure from time to time.
Please refer to the Forest Service NI website for up-to-date information.
Sea views, ornamental garden
Accessed via the A43 – Ballymena to Cushendall Road.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Car park (fee charged), Picnic areas, Café, Shop, Toilets (disabled access), Camping and Caravaning, Electronic ‘In-Touch’ Information Kiosk, Way-marked/nature trails, Lecture room/Classroom, Permanent Exhibition, Guided tours available.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Shop (wheelchair accessible)
– Visitors Centre
– Disabled toilets
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.