Glenariff Forest Park, Rainbow Trail
This is an optional detour along the very popular Waterfall Walk through Glenariff Forest Park.
Distance 0.4 miles
OS Map Sheet 9
Nearest Town Cushendall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference D21080 20260
Route Type Riverside, Woodland
This is a detour section sign posted from the Waterfall Walk. It includes crossing the Rainbow Bridge and taking a path along the banks of the Glenariff River. Many varieties of woodland flowers such as lesser celandine, wood sorrel, bluebell and wood anemone can be seen in the spring time. The trail then turns deeper into the mature broadleaved woodland before it brings you back to the river. The trail crosses over the Rainbow Bridge again to rejoin the Waterfall Walk.
These walks are situated in a working forest environment and may be subject to diversion and closure from time to time.
Up to date information is available on the Forest Service web site – www.forestserviceni.gov.uk
Accessed via the A43 – Ballymena to Cushendall Road.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Car park (fee charged), Picnic areas, Café, Shop, Toilets (disabled access), Camping and Caravaning, Electronic ‘In-Touch’ Information Kiosk, Way-marked/nature trails, Lecture room/Classroom, Permanent Exhibition, Guided tours available
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Shop (wheelchair accessible)
– Visitors Centre
– Disabled toilets
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.