Divis Lough Trail (all ability)
Divis Lough Trail, Belfast, is a gentle circular route that leads you across the open hills on a wide, flat and gently sloping path. Lough Neagh, the Sperrins and further afield can be viewed on a clear day.
Distance 0.9 miles
OS Map 15
Terrain Gently sloping, compacted gravel
Nearest Town Hannahstown, Belfast
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J27198 74411
Route Type Hill, Mountain
From the car park at the Long Barn, pass through the kissing gate directly opposite. (Note National Trust car park pricing applies for this car park however there is an alternative free car park on Divis Rd approx 0.5 miles from the Long Barn which can also be used by walkers). Follow the gently sloping path along its length, on a clear day taking in sights such as Lough Neagh and the Sperrin Mountains to the west. The path continues winding across the open hillside, curving back on itself and leading you past a viewpoint highlighting the history of the region including a rath. Continue to follow the path until reaching the concrete road again. Follow this back to the car park.
Lough Neagh, Rath, historic landscape
Minor road off the B38 Upper Springfield Road, off the A55 Outer Ring
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed.
Divis Coffee Barn
An open site with free access. Charge for guided tours only
Mobility parking spaces
Mobility toilet facilities
Wheelchair-accessible kissing gates to mountain
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets
– Visitors Centre
- The path can be expected to be hard and firm with some loose stones (not bigger than 1cm) and will be at least 1.2m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 5 degrees or have a cross slope of greater than 5 degrees.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be a max of 12mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of at least 1m wide and 2.1 in height for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 300m.