Cushendun Short Walk
Cushendun is a beautiful seaside village on the North Coast alive with small shops and pubs. A series of scenic paths wind through the village, beach front, harbour, and Glendun river.
Distance 1.2 miles
OS Map Sheet 5
Terrain Quiet village roads and beach
Nearest Town Cushendun
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference D24981 32654
Route Type Beach, Coastal, Parkland & Grassland
From the car park follow the waymarkers around this circular walk.
From Ballycastle (north) or Larne (south) take the A2
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed.
Public toilets are available in two places in the village, picnic area, playground, and restaurants are available.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Shop – small step to gain entry
– Disabled toilets with RADAR key
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.