Crawfordsburn Country Park, Meadow Walk
A gentle walk taking in the Wildflower Meadow, areas of mature woodland, and a coastal stretch. The Wildflower Meadow and 21 acres are a blaze with colour in the summer months when the orchids and wildflowers are in bloom.
Distance 2 miles
OS Map Sheet 15
Terrain Off road paths
Nearest Town Crawfordsburn
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J467822
Route Type Beach, Coastal, Parkland & Grassland, Woodland
Leave the Visitors’ Centre at Crawfordsburn Country Park, and follow the waymarked trail south. It continues through the Glen, Wildflower Meadow, 21 Acres, and along the coastal path to return to the centre.
Mature woodland, wildflower meadow, orchids
Follow the A2 from Belfast to Bangor. Crawfordsburn Country Park is signposted from the Junction at Ballyrobert.
Dogs should be on a lead. Please clean up after your dog.
The Woodlands Café is situated at the visitors centre in the country park and is open everyday 10:00-4:30. The café serves hot and cold snacks, lunches and specialty teas and coffees. Car parking, picnic tables and toilets are also available on site. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Visitors Centre – Disabled toilets – Disabled parking – Mobility vehicle available.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.