Crawfordsburn Country Park, Glen Walk
Gently undulating walk through mature beech wood, closely following the course of the Crawford’s Burn.
Distance 0.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 15
Terrain Gently undulating off road paths
Nearest Town Crawfordsburn
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J467822
Route Type Parkland & Grassland, Riverside, Woodland
Leave the Visitor’s Centre at Crawfordsburn Country Park, follow the waymarked trail south up through the Glen. The path returns to the Visitor Centre.
This walk is also suitable for people with limited mobility, please see Disabled Ramblers NI .
Views of Lanyon’s Viaduct, woodland wildlife
Follow the A2 from Belfast to Bangor, Crawfordsburn Country Park is signposted from the Junction at Ballyrobert.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs should be on a lead. Please clean up after your dog.
Visitor Centre: permanent and seasonal exhibitions, free leaflets and nature books. Toilets for disabled; picnic tables; self service restaurant: open 10am -4.30pm through the year. Scooters for free use are available for people with limited mobility capable of riding them. Booking is advised. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Disabled toilets – Disabled parking – Visitors Centre – Mobility vehicle available.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.