Carnagh Forest – Carnagh Lake Trail
Discover Carnagh Forest and its lakes by exploring the four walk trails. Take time to stop along the trails and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the woodland before returning to the play area for some fun with the kids.
Distance 0.9 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Compact gravel paths
Nearest Town Keady
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference SA936934_
Route Type Woodland
This walk starts in the car park and heads back along the direction of the main entrance road for a short stretch before swinging into an open grassy area and towards Carnagh Lake. The trail continues straight ahead to where it meets the forest road. The Lake is visible throughout this section. After continuing for a short distance on the forest road, the trail enters the woodland and hugs the edge of the Lake before emerging back onto the open grassy area. From here return to the car park.
Carnagh forest is located along the Castleblaney Road
Translink Journey Planner
Dogs are allowed by must be kept on a lead
Car park, children’s play park
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Car parking spaces
- The path can be expected to be hard and firm with some loose stones (not bigger than 1cm) and will be at least 1.2m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 5° or have a cross slope of greater than 5°.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be a max of 12mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of at least 1m wide and 2.1 in height for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 300m.