Ardress House – Ladies Mile
The short Ladies Mile Walk is a circular, relatively flat, beautiful woodland walk. The degree of difficulty is easy to moderate. Some small bridges and stiles have to be traversed.
Distance 1 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Unsurfaced paths, muddy in place
Nearest Town Portadown
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H91312 55842
Route Type Woodland
The short Ladies Mile Walk is a circular, relatively flat, tranquil woodland walk around the perimeter of Ardress House. The house is in sight more or less for all of the walk and has some delightful views.
* Please note that National Trust entrance pricing applies for this walk. Please see here.
Ardress House (seasonal tours), woodlands, orchards
Exit 13 off the M1 south, follow the brown signs for 3 miles
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs are not allowed in the farmyard. Dogs must be kept on leads
Car parking, house tours and toilets open seasonally (17 March-30 September).
Picnic tables throughout the property.
Programme of events.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets – (when house is open – seasonal)
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6 degrees
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.