If you are planning on visiting Cuilcagh Boardwalk (also known as the Stairway to Heaven), Fermanagh and Omagh District Council would like to ask you to reconsider.
Cuilcagh Boardwalk has been experiencing extremely high numbers of visits over the past month.
- Parking is difficult
- There are often queues at the boardwalk and the viewing platform
- Social distancing is not always possible
- Visiting mid-week and not weekends
- Plan to come early (7am – 10am) or later (4pm – 7pm)
- Delay your visit until the Autumn. It will be a better experience for you and will help manage numbers on site
If you do visit please note the car park at the bottom of the boardwalk is privately operated. Parking is also available at Killykeegan.
- Do not park at the Marble Arch Caves Visitor Centre as this is reserved for pre-booked tours
- Do not park on the road
- Do not park on private property
- Please Leave No Trace of your visit and take your rubbish home
If it’s busy please move on – Lough Navar is within driving distance of the site and much less congested. Plus there are lots of other great walks, sites and hidden gems nearby!