Steady climb on woodland paths to viewpoint before descent through woodland to finish. Enjoy the peaceful surroundings of this former estate woodland which is the result of planting in the mid nineteenth century. Viewpoint over Killynether and drumlin countryside beyond.
Distance 1.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 21
Terrain Off road paths
Nearest Town Newtownards
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J47311 71895
Route Type Woodland
From the car park in Killynether Wood, follow the path to the rear of the old Walled Garden into the woodland. The path ahead passes impressive beech trees on the right, through mixed woodland and then climbs through a hazel wood. From here, follow the path and descend through the beech wood to finish at the car park once more.
Bluebells, beech and hazel woodland, panaramic views
From Newtownards to Comber dual carriageway, follow road signs to Scrabo Country Park
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs must be kept under close control
Car Park and toilets
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets with RADAR key
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.