State Care Monument Dunluce Castle is situated on the Antrim Coast, 5 km east of Portrush and 3.5 km west of Bushmills The roofless ruins are breathtaking especially at dusk, or in the sunshine with the white chalk cliffs of Portrush close by. It was the former home of the clans McQuillan and MacDonnell.
Distance 0.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 4
Terrain Tarmac paths and steep steps
Nearest Town Bushmills
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference C90535 41250
Route Type Coastal
Walk from the car park to the castle.
Dunluce Castle, Visitor Centre managed by NIEA.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Car park, toilets, interpretation room and shop. Interpretation and guides on site. Entrance fee applies.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café – seasonal opening http://bit.ly/194wKMR
– Shop (wheelchair accessible) – April to Sep 10:00 – 17:30, Oct to Nov 10:00 – 16:30, Dec – Jan 10:00am – 16:00
– Visitors Centre – April to Sep 10:00 – 17:30 Oct to Nov 10:00 – 16:30 Dec – Jan 10:00am – 16:00 **Please note the Castle will be closed Christmas and New Year**
– Disabled toilets with RADAR key – April to Sept 10:00 – 17:30, Oct to Nov 10:00 – 16:30, Dec – Jan 10:00am – 16:00
– Wheelchair available
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.