Divis Heath Trail
A four mile route that traverses blanket bog, taking in the northern end of the Divis and Black Mountain site. This is a route around the northern slopes of Divis where turf was once extracted, offering views of Slemish Mountain. It can be wet underfoot.
Distance 4 miles
OS Map 15
Terrain Stoned road, heath and bog trail
Nearest Town Hannahstown, Belfast
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J27198 74411
Route Type Hill, Mountain
From the car park at the Long Barn (Note National Trust car park pricing applies for this car park however there is an alternative free car park on Divis Rd 0.5 miles from the Long Barn which can also be used by walkers), follow the trail towards the Divis transmitter masts. Go through the access gate and turn left onto the Tipperary Road. Follow the waymarked posts when you reach the end of Tipperary Road, linking across the open hill, to the end of Standing Stone Road. Turn right and follow the Standing Stone Road until it reaches the access road for the transmitter mast on Divis. Turn left here and follow this access road to a junction with the main access road. Turn right here to return to the Long Barn.
Minor road off the B38 Upper Springfield Road, off the A55 Outer Ring
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs to be kept under control
Divis Coffee Barn
An open site with free access. Charge for guided tours only
Mobility parking spaces
Mobility toilet facilities
Wheelchair-accessible kissing gates to mountain
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Disabled parking
– Disabled toilets with RADAR key
– Visitors Centre
- There may not be a formalised path, and variable, single file trails are to be expected.
- Gradients and cross slope could be expected to be steep and not limited.
- Obstacles and surface breaks of greater than 75mm measured across the line of the path to be expected.
- Overhanging branches are possible. Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.