Delamont Corbally Walk
One of the Delamont Country Park Walks. All walks are wheelchair accessible and two mobility rambler scooters are available for use in the park. Car park charge at weekends and daily during the Summer Season.
Distance 2.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 21
Terrain Flat, Drumlin
Nearest Town Downpatrick or Killyleagh
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J50917 50663
Route Type Coastal, Parkland & Grassland, Woodland
The walks are all inter linked and can be easily added to or shortened. All routes start and finish from the main car park.
These walks are also suitable for people with limited mobility, please see Disabled Ramblers NI.
Strangford Stone, views of Strangford Lough and beyond
The park is situated 30 mins drive from Belfast and 5 mins drive from Downpatrick on the A22 Downpatrick to Comber Road.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Dogs must be kept on leads in the park. There is a dog exercise field available.
Miniature railway, small gift shop and visitor centre, education programme, barbeque area. Refreshments available weekends April to Oct and daily during the summer season. Touring Camping & Caravanning site, an ideal base to discover the many walks Down District has to offer. Open 365 days of year from 9.00am to dusk.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled parking
– Disabled toilets
– Mobility vehicle available
– Visitors Centre
– Shop (wheelchair accessible)
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6 degrees
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.