Castle Ward Shore Trail
This wide flat linear trail is suitable for all abilities. The trail has a smooth consistent surface with no physical barriers. As it is ‘multi-use’, as well as other walkers, expect horses and bikes and a range of other users. Follow the GREEN waymarker disks with the words ‘Shore Trail’ around the edge.
Distance 0.7 (one way) miles
OS Map 21
Terrain Smooth, flat and wide path
Nearest Town Strangford
Route Shape Linear
Grid Reference J57195 49460
Route Type Coastal
Starting in the Shore Car Park, this wide and flat trail follows the shore of Strangford Lough from the farm yard to Audley’s Quay. Accessible to everyone, the trail has a smooth consistent surface with no physical barriers. On reaching Audley’s Quay, users should turn and retrace their steps back to the farm yard.
Expect other users on this trail traveling in both directions. This may include –
– Cyclists of all abilities
– A range of bikes including tandems, trikes, and bikes with tag a long trailers behind
– Wheelchair users and mobility scooters
KEEP LEFT on this trail at all times
* Please note that National Trust entrance pricing applies for this walk. Please see the link below for details *
The Farm Yard, Strangford Lough and its associated wildlife
Parking for walkers is in the Shore Car Park within Castle Ward Demesne. The car park is clearly signed from the main entrance drive. There is an information panel and map in the Shore Car Park.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are allowed. Please keep dogs on a lead or under control at all times
Parking, toilets, tea rooms, bike shop, bike hire, specialist equipment hire including tandems, tag-a-longs, trikes, wheelchairs and mobility scooters and a wheelchair tandem.
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Café (wheelchair accessible)
– Disabled parking
– Disabled toilets
- The path can be expected to be hard and firm with some loose stones (not bigger than 1cm) and will be at least 1.2m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 5 degrees or have a cross slope of greater than 5 degrees.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be a max of 12mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of at least 1m wide and 2.1 in height for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 300m.