Blessingbourne Woodland Walk
This circular walking trail begins in the farm yard and meanders through a mix of woodland and open farmland before crossing the main drive and reaching Blessingbourne’s beautiful Lough Fadda.
Distance 2.5 miles
OS Map 18
Terrain Gravel paths & tarmac
Nearest Town Fivemiletown
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H44817 48738
Route Type Woodland
Fully waymarked throughout this circular walking trail begins at the trail head in the farm yard and meanders through a mix of woodland and open farmland before crossing the main drive and reaching Blessingbourne’s beautiful Lough Fadda. Simply follow the purple woodland walk waymarkers from the trail head.
On mostly wide surfaced paths, this gentle trail offers unique opportunities for exploration through parts of Blessingbourne Estate which have been previously out of reach to walkers. Please be aware of mountain bikers using some sections of this trail in the opposite direction.
Lough Fadda, Blessingbourne House
Less than 1 mile from the town of Fivemiletown, Blessingbourne is easy to find. From Fivemiletown take the B122 to Fintona passing the Church of Ireland on the right. Soon after the church, the road begins to veer left, turn right onto the Aghingowly Rd, passing the Gate Lodge and main entrance to the Estate – this is a private entrance, do not use.
Continue for another 0.3 miles and then take the first right into the Estate up a concrete laneway. The car park is approx 50m on the right.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Car parking, toilets and visitor services building
The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility:
– Disabled toilets
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6 degrees or have a cross slope of greater than 6 degrees.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.