A short community trail through Glassdrummond Wood in the grounds of St Brigid’s Church.
Distance 1 mile
OS Map Sheet 28
Terrain Stoney pathway
Nearest Town Crossmaglen
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H96051 14624
Route Type Woodland
A great facility for the local community, parking is available on the Glassdrumman Rd adjacent to the church. The entrance to the walk is along the footpath to the left of the church where you will see a metal gate on your right.
Enter through the gate and follow the stone path through the forest. There is a short but steep descend down into the forest after which the trail undulates through the forest. You will pass an area of protruding rock on your right before continuing on past a small stream on your left. After about 80 metres look out to your left, and you will see views of the rolling green hills beyond the stone wall.
Continue to follow the path around the back of the church and to another metal gate. Once here turn right, and walk across the tarmac church carpark and back to the start of the walk.
Woodland and stream
From Crossmaglen, take the Newry Rd to Creggan and turn right onto the Glassdrumman Rd for approximately 2 miles until you see the church on your left with off road parking just before.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs are not allowed.
Nearest toilets are in Crossmaglen approx 3 miles away
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6 degrees
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.